Saturday, December 6, 2008

revised home network layout

Now for a home network I think our network here is preety slick.. I have done alot of work over the past two months while Ive been undergoing my treatment to build it into something I am proud of... Here is a little bit of information of what we have setup!

I wanted to be able to have a small footprint when we arn't home. What I mean by that is, low power consumption when devices that always stay on are online. These include modems, switches, routers and the SAN. I definatly wanted remote and secure access, and my requirement was at minimum certificate based wpa2 authentication on our network. I think minus the smoothwall box and IDS at perimeter I have achieved all my goals so far... smoothie is only a matter of time!




James Desktop - prodesktop
e6850 @ 3.6
asus maximus extreme
2gb cellshock pc14440 c7 rams

Sarahs Desktop - sarahdesktop
e7200 @ 3
dfi p45 jr
2gb gskill 6400 hz
8800GTS 512mb

server - imagine
fx60 @ 3
dfi lanparty sli-dr expert
4gb legend rams
8800GTS 512mb
areca 1220 1.9TB raid6 array

mediacenter - mce
9850 @ 2.2 (under clocked/volted)
biostar 790gx
ATI 3450 fanless
2x DNTV pci high def tuners

Thecus N1200 NAS
* Central media/backup storage

Billion BiPAC 7402(G)L R3
* 19Mbit sync ADSL2 sync

Linksys wrt150n with sdcard mod + ddwrt
* running openvpn server
* freeradius server for wireless authentication
* wpa2/aes certificate based, radius backend

Gigabit Lan

Only thing I gotta do now is get a small power consumption box to run a smoothwall server and I think were set =)

 

No comments: